A network enables wires being routed to quickly follow predefined paths. When a network is present, the Route cables dialog box defaults to the Via Network Route Type, but you can still edit it to Simple Route or Follow Cable.
Consider the following when routing wires via a network:
- The system defaults to the shortest path when given multiple path options.
- Wires routed through a network can only enter or exit the network path at a location point.
- You can set priorities for individual network location points, but not the path. Priority options include:
NOTE: Modifying the location priority only affects subsequent routing. Previously routed wires are not affected. You use the Reroute option to change existing routing paths.
Other priority options include:
- Edit > Network > Reset All Priority – Resets all network location points’ priority back to the Primary default.
- Edit > Network > Required Priority – Enables you to specify either of the following location point priority requirements: