1. Click or File ▶ New. The New dialog box opens. Part, the default file type, is selected.
2. Accept the default name or enter a new one in the box adjacent to Name.
3. Click OK. The part name appears on the Model Tree.
4. Click on the Datum toolbar or click Insert ▶ Model Datum ▶ Sketch. The Sketch dialog box opens and displays options to control the orientation of the sketch.
5. Select a datum plane in the graphics window or on the Model Tree. This is the sketching plane. The name of the selected datum plane appears in the box adjacent to Plane in the Sketch dialog box.
6. Click Sketch in the Sketch dialog box. Sketcher opens.
7. Click on the Sketcher toolbar. The Arc tool is activated.
8. Click anywhere in the sketcher window and move the pointer to create an arc and click again to finish.
9. Middle-click to quit the tool.
10. Click on the Sketcher toolbar. The Line tool is activated.
11. Click at one end of the arc and move the pointer to create a straight line, and click again at the other end of the arc. The arc and the line form a semi-circle.
12. Click next to and click on the sketcher toolbar. The Centerline tool is activated.
13. Sketch a centerline on the line created earlier. By default, this centerline is the axis of revolution. Alternatively, after quitting Sketcher, click Placement on the revolve dashboard, click the axis box, and select a linear reference for the axis of revolution.
14. Click to quit Sketcher. The sketch appears selected in red in the graphics window.
15. With the sketch selected, click on the Base Features toolbar or click Insert ▶ Revolve. The revolve dashboard appears.
By default, Pro/ENGINEER creates a solid feature that is revolved along the selected axis by 360°.
16. Click on the Revolve dashboard. The sphere appears in the graphics window.
17. Middle-click and move the pointer to see the sphere in a 3D view.